FAQ and General Info

WHAT IS THE CHECK IN PROCESS? You will need to arrive approximately 1 hour prior to your reservation date and time. If you booked online, your CC will already be on-file you can use this card or another to cover the balance of the required rental and deposit.  You will also need to provide a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.  Once the damage deposit is pre-authorized, you will need to sign the liability waiver and damage agreement, unless the waiver was signed online. After completing the paperwork, we will conduct a walk around of all equipment to note any damages or defects. Once the walk around is complete, you will then be given a review on safe operating procedures. Once you are familiar with the equipment and we determine you are not impaired in such a way to do harm to your self or others,  we will assist in hooking the trailer to your tow vehicle.


WHAT IS THE RETURN PROCESS?  We will go through a return checklist which will include a visual inspection and documentation that the equipment is clean, refueled, undamaged and operating properly. If everything is in order, your damage deposit will be refunded. If damage is found, or the vehicles are dirty or have not been refueled, cost will be calculated and deducted out of the damage deposit. If damages exceed the damage deposit, renter will be responsible for all additional cost to repair or replace said equipment including but not limited to lost rental time, collection and attorney fee’s associated with loss recovery. See damage agreement.


HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CLOSEST TRAIL HEAD?  5 to 35 minutes depending on which trail head you choose.


HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I ALLOW FOR LOADING, UNLOADING, CLEANING and FUELING?  Loading and unloading usually takes about 10 minutes.  Pressure washing and fueling will take approximately 20-30 minutes depending on how dirty the machine is. 


WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR? We recommend long pants, sun glasses, hat, bandanna or dust mask, and comfortable shoes with socks.  No open toed shoes.  If you arrive in flip flops, you will not be allowed to drive off with the rental.


ARE HELMETS REQUIRED?  Helmets are required for anyone under 18 by Oklahoma law.  If you don't have helmets, we can provide on a limited supply for no additional charge.  We encourage ALL riders to wear helmets anytime driving or riding.  These UTV's are not toys and will reach 50 miles per hour.  They are all also equipped with seat belts just like a car or truck.  The computer will keep the unit from going over 10 MPH unless both driver and front passenger are buckled up. 


CAN MY KIDS DRIVE THESE UTV'S?  No one under the age of 16 is allowed to operate these machines.  Anyone between the ages of 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 and be wearing a helmet.


WHAT KIND OF VEHICLE IS REQUIRED TO TOW? Unless other arrangements have been made, you will need to provide a vehicle capable of towing at least 3500 pounds with a 2” ball hitch and trailer light plug. Four-wheel drive is not necessary.


WHAT IF WE DON’T HAVE A VEHICLE TO TOW THE TRAILER? We don't offer delivery unless staying at one of our partner cabins.  This service is only offered for a 24 hour rental or longer and is not always available, please call our office for details and availability.


WHAT IF WE SHOW UP AND OUR VEHICLE WON’T TOW THE TRAILER? If for some reason your vehicle is not capable of towing one of our trailers (not powerful enough, no hitch, or trailer light plug in), you will forfeit your deposit unless other arrangement can be made. It is your responsibility to insure your vehicle is capable of towing a small trailer. Call us if you have any questions.


WHAT IF MY CREDIT CARD IS DECLINED FOR THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT? It is your responsibility to make sure you have the funds available on your card the day of rental. If your card is declined you will forfeit your rental unless other arrangements can be made. The damage deposit is a pre-authorization hold on your card, the day of rental.


WHAT IF I GET INTO AN ACCIDENT OR BREAK DOWN? If you break down, contact us via cell phone.  We will dispatch someone to your location. All of our machines are newer models, however, mechanical problems can occur and should this happen to your rental, you will only be charged a pro-rated amount for the hours used as long as the problem is determined to have not been caused by the renter. No time will be credited for flat tires. If we have to come to you to change a flat tire, you will be charged $100 / hour for this service. If you get into an accident while transporting the rental unit and or trailer call 911. If you are in an accident or injured while operating the ATV / UTV, call 911 first then call our offices at 918-614-8031.


HOW ARE DAMAGES CALCULATED? When calculating damages, we will use our best efforts to provide a fair estimate based on the following: retail cost of parts, labor to assess damage, labor to order parts, shipping of parts, receiving and unloading of parts, labor to install parts, make repairs, and lost rental time.


WHAT IF I GET LOST? We offer a dash mounted GPS trail system for an additional fee.  Should you still be unable to find your way back, you will be charged a rate of $100.00 per hour for extraction / recovery services. The time starts from when we leave the yard to when we return. Self-Guided means just that. It is your responsibility to know where you are going and how to get back. Getting lost is not an excuse for being late.


WHAT IF I’M LATE RETURNING THE VEHICLE? We allow for a 15-minute grace period for late returns, after that we will add a prorated charge of $100 per hour until the machine is returned.  If you are running late, you have the option of adding an additional hour rental for $50.00.  This is only available if the machine being rented isn't already booked for later that day. 


WHAT HAPPENS IF I WANT TO CANCEL THE RESERVATION? Cancellations must be made by phone 48 hours prior to your rental date and time.  If you fail to do so, you forfeit the rental rate out of the deposit for the time booked if we cannot fill the reservation.  If the reservation can be filled, we will return your deposit in full. 

Can you ride an ATV or UTV on the street in Oklahoma?

Generally, you may not operate an ATV on the public highways or streets of Oklahoma.  However, you may operate a UTV on a public street in the following circumstances:

  • the street is located within a state park;
  • the street is within a municipality that has passed an ordinance permitting UTV operation;
  • the street is within a county where the county commissioners have approved the use of UTV operation; or
  • the street is in an unincorporated area, has a maximum speed limit of 25 m.p.h. or less and has signage posted warning drivers of golf cart or UTV usage.

You may also operate an ATV or UTV to cross the public streets and highways of Oklahoma only under the following circumstances:

  • You are upon a regularly traveled trail while riding from one area of the trail to another;
  • before crossing, you must come to a complete stop;
  • you must yield the right-of-way to all oncoming traffic that constitutes an immediate hazard;
  • You must cross the street or highway at an angle of approximately ninety (90) degrees to the direction of the street or highway;
  • The highway or street may not be a divided highway or street with a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) miles per hour in the area of the crossing;
  • You must have have a valid driver’s license; and
  • It is during daylight hours.

McCurtain County (Broken Bow and Hochatown)

The Ouachita National Forest is the only area available in the county for legal public use of off-highway vehicles. A deer hunting license is required for the Honobia Creek Wildlife Management area and Three Rivers Wildlife Management area, and is only open to ATV riding to facilitate hunting activities during deer hunting season.

Listed below are rules and regulations for off-highway vehicle (OHV) use in the Ouachita National Forest, Honobia Creek and Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas. OHVs include ATVs, 4-wheelers, 3-wheelers, utility vehicles such as mules, and motorcycles. For a more pleasant visit, please take a moment to review the following:

All USFS land/roads south of U.S. 70 are closed to ATV riding especially on the forest floor. USFS lands in Leflore county are the same as the McCurtain county unit with the exception of designated ATV roads in Leflore county.

  • The speed limit on the Ouachita WMA as well as all other WMA’s is 25 MPH for all vehicles including street legal and ATV’s.

  • All ATV’s including motorcycles, UTV’s etc. are required to have a USFS approved spark arrestor in working order. Loud modified exhausts are prohibited as well and could be in violation of ODWC rules for Department Managed Lands (WMA’s)

  • The use or possession of alcoholic beverages or low point beer is prohibited by forest order on the Ouachita National Forest

  • OHVs may be used on open unpaved National Forest roads designated as open for ATV use by the current Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) available from the US Forest Service. A road is considered closed if there is a sign, gate, or other barricade, including a dirt mound, blocking the road. Prior illegal OHV use does not imply permission to ride off the open road. So, just because someone else went around or over that dirt mound that is closing the road doesn’t mean you should do the same. You could receive a fine. You can drive on unpaved county roads but only in the National Forest – not elsewhere.

  • There are places where trails have been illegally used across the forest floor – be aware these are not open roads and are not legal to use for riding.There are approximately 300 miles of open roads on the forest of which only approximately 33 miles are open to ATV’s. There are a few more miles of roads open seasonally to ATV’s as designated on the current MVUM. There are many roads on the forest that look like maintained open roads that are still closed to vehicle travel. These are generally roads that have been maintained to USFS specifications for future logging operations. Make sure it is obviously a road before using it – if you aren’t sure then call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402.

  • In McCurtain County, OHV use is not permitted on the forest floor (off-road). This includes both north of McCurtain County and south of Hwy 70. There is zero use allowed on the forest floor since there are no open travel routes the forest. The regulations are subject to change, so please call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402 if you are unsure whether OHV use is permitted in a given area.

  • A state law is in effect on public lands that requires anyone under the age of 18 to wear a helmet while riding an OHV, and prohibits passengers on OHVs that were not made to carry passengers (after-market modifications do not count).

  • OHVs are not allowed on trails designated solely for other uses, including hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian use. Currently there are no designated OHV trails on the forest floor in Oklahoma except for the Indian Nations Trail in LeFlore County, where only motorcycles are allowed.

  • Driving on powerlines, pipelines, seismic lines, fire lines, or railroad right-of-ways is prohibited.

  • Driving on, or crossing, a paved road is prohibited.

  • Driving in streambeds, creek beds, lake beds, or shorelines is prohibited.

  • Make sure your vehicle is in good condition with an approved spark arrester.

  • Use the appropriate safety gear – helmet (required if under 18), eye protection, boots, and gloves.

  • Obey speed limits and be considerate of other visitors. When encountering horse riders stop and yield the right-of-way since horses may be spooked by motorized vehicles.

The reason for the rules:

Heavy or irresponsible OHV use can wreak havoc on the environment. Miles of unplanned trails from heavy OHV use on the forest floor can damage watersheds, destroy habitats, kill native plant and animal species, and pollute streams and rivers.

To help preserve these resources and the continued opportunities for you to enjoy using your vehicle on public lands, we ask that you observe the guidelines listed above and report violations.

Riding in closed areas can result in a fine of up to $300, 6 months in jail or both a fine and imprisonment.

For more information, please call the Forest Service at 580-494-6402.


Effective August 1, 2008, all OHV riding on the Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area and Honobia Creek WMA is prohibited except by licensed deer hunters during the period of Oct. 1 – Jan. 15. All OHV riders must wear a fluorescent orange chest and head covering while operating an OHV. If a crash helmet is worn, then only a fluorescent orange chest covering is required. Consult the Oklahoma Hunting Guide for additional restrictions.